Christian Fellowship offers a number of extra-curricular activities.
- The preschool and kindergarten classes present a Christmas Program each year. They, along with other elementary level classes, also participate in field trips to various locations in the area.
- Grades 4 - 12 participate in the Heartland Christian Conference Speech and Music Competition here at CFS each fall.
- These grades also participate in the Heartland Christian Conference Bible and Academic Competition in the spring. The Heartland Christian Conference board of directors is considering linking these competitions to regional, state, and national competitions.
- Grades 5 - 12 offer girls' volleyball and boys' basketball along with co-ed trap shooting with the Southern Illinois Youth Sports Shooting Association.
- As interests and opportunities arise, the school is open to the addition of other extra-curricular activities.
SIYSSA Invitational Trap Meet opening the 2019-2020 season.
World shooting and Recreation complex at Sparta, IL.
Here's the scores from the trap meet
Cody Harmon 182/200
John Davis 162/200
Ian Holman 181/200
Dylan Owens (new shooter) 82/200
Logan Morgan 177/200
The CFS Eagle - Eye shooters trap team is looking for sponsors.
People or business donating $20 will have their names or business name printed in small text on the back of the team t - shirts, $50 donations will be printed in medium text with the business phone number if desired, $100 donations will be printed in large bold text with the business name and phone number if desired. Corresponding product discounts will be likewise recognized. All donations are tax deductible.
The Jr./Sr. mission group will be having a rummage sale on October 12th in the CFS gymnasium from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. If you have anything to donate (it would be greatly appreciated) you can b ring it in on any school day or text (618) 559-0097 to make a arrangements.
The proceeds will go to the mission trip to Orlando Rescue Mission in Florida in the spring.
The CFS student Council will be holding a "Trivia Night" competition at Penny's Perks in Dowell. The fun starts at 6:00 p.m. on October 12th. The entry fee is $10.00 per person.
The CFS high school science classes will hold a Science Fair, displaying student research projects, on 10-23 (Mole Day). Mole Day is an "unofficial recognition day" observed on October 23 (10-23) in honor of Avagadro's Number 6.022 x 10^23. Avagadro's Number is used extensively in chemistry and physics to identify quantities of matter.
Christian Heritage Day is Scheduled for Friday, October 25th from noon to 6:00 PM. This years theme is Our Christian Heritage. There will be a chili cook-off, pony rides, talent show, bake-off, pie eating contest, art contest, photo booth, bouncy slide, carnival games, etc. We will need high school students to help with the carnival games. Entries for the art contest and talent show must be turned in no later than Wednesday (10/23). Participants for the talent contest can get a form from Mrs. Lisa Davis. The forms must then be approved by Mr. Bullock. Anyone who would like to participate in the bake-off can just bring in their "goodies" to be judged first thing Friday (10/25) morning. Students should sign up for the chili cook-off on the bulletin board in the west hallway. There will also be a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board across from the water fountain for anyone who wants to participate in the pie eating contest. Students may dress up in costumes that represent what they want to be when they grow up. They are also asked to write a paragraph entitled What CFS Means to Me.